WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE OBTAIN IT
- Register with us;
- Go all or part-way through the process of placing an order online;
- Request information and or product brocures;
- Subscribe to a newsletter ;
- Respond to a survey ;
- Fill out a form or enter information on our wesite ;
- Request after sales service ;
you will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, address, details of your credit card (only if you are placing an order and paying by credit card), telephone number and email address so that we can process and fulfill your information request or order, notify you of your order status and inform you of special offers and promotions.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect about you:
- To process your order ;
- To manage your account ;
- To administer this website ;
- To monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve the design and layout of the site.
- To notify you about enhancements to our services, such as changes to the website, new services and special offers that may be of interest. We may contact you by mail, telephone or email with offers from Alfa Belgium nv (COOK UP).
- To contact you by email via a third party service provider in the event that you partly complete an order online but then decide not to complete the ordering process.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose so to do.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH YOU
We want to keep you up to date with information about news, new products and special offers. If you decide you do not want us to contact you, you can request that we stop using your information and that we stop mailing information to you via firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
Please note that although we will act quickly, you may continue to receive mailings which are already on their way to you for a period of up to thirty days while your request is being dealt with.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, browser type, version and the website that you visited prior to this site, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches;
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services (such as Google Analytics) that track this information on our behalf.
Our online ordering system uses a cookie to record a unique reference on your computer so that we can keep track of your order as you use the system. This cookie, which is saved to your system, is only valid for a single visit and each new visit will result in a new cookie overwriting any that were generated on previous visits to our site. If your internet browser is set to reject cookies or if your network firewall won’t allow them then unfortunately you will not be able to use any online shopping areas of our websites. Please refer to your internet browser help file to see how to enable cookies on your computer.
We love cookies here at COOK UP and hope you do too…
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If COOK UP – Alfa Belgium nv is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE PRIVACY ACT OF 8 DECEMBER 1992
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us via by telephoning us on +32 9 228 14 84 or by writing to COOK UP – Alfa Belgium nv, Nijverheidskaai 2, 9040 Ghent, quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
As part of our efforts to make further improvements to the service we provide to our customers, telephone calls to and from us may be recorded or monitored and used for training purposes. To protect the operation of our computer systems we monitor incoming and outgoing email.
If you have any questions relating to this policy or the use by us of personal data please write to email@example.com, quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
HEAD OFFICE CONTACT DETAILS
COOK UP – Alfa Belgium nv, Nijverheidskaai 2, 9040 Ghent.